Readiing Notes: Brothers Grimm (Librvox), Part B

The Twelve Dancing Princess

I was so excited to read this!  I use to love the Barbie movie of The Twelve Dancing Princesses, but I had no idea that it was originally a Brothers Grimm fairy tale.  I can't remember the exact plot of the Barbie movie, but I know for certain that it did not include the part where the king threatened to execute whoever couldn't figure out where his daughters were going to dance.  There are also a couple plot holes in this story.  One thing I want to know is, why did the princesses keep their magical world a secret? And how did they obtain/find it?  Also, what about the princes who lived in the underground world?  I'm sure the eldest daughter would have much rather married the one she met there.



Bibliography: The Twelve Dancing Princess from Fairy Tales by the Brothers Grimm.

Comments

Popular Posts