Week 2 Reading Overview

In my plan, you'll find that there are a lot of fairy tales because I love a good fantasy story.  The units I'm probably most excited to read are LibriVox and Crane because I'm also a fan of the Brothers Grimm darker versions of fairy tales.  I'm also a little excited to read Nursery Rhymes because I'm eager to see what all is included and how many there are that I already know.

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Cupid and Psyche

Week 4: Homer's Odyssey

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Twenty-Two Goblins

Week 6: Turkish Fairy Tales

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Japanese Mythology

Week 9: Nigeria Folk Stories

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Sioux Legends

Week 11: Myths of the Cherokee

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Nursery Rhymes

Week 13: Celtic Fairy Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Grimm (LibriVox)

Week 15: Grimm (Crane)



(illustration by Walter Crane, Source: mythfolklore)
I chose this image because Sleeping Beauty is one of my 
favorite fairy tales.

Comments

Popular Posts